Wednesday 30 March 2011

Twitter Love

More and more, I find myself loving the connections that Twitter provides me. Whether it's a link to a tool that is perfect for a librarian or a book recommendation to add to my order, I'm starting to "know" some of the people out there and am so grateful for what they add to my professional life.

And then there is just the "How cool is that?" connections like what happened to me yesterday. I tweeted out a book trailer for the newest in the Pinkalicious series because our little ones are nuts over these books.



This is what came back to me a few hours later. It made me smile for hours.

New to Twitter? Ready to take the leap? The best way that I find to keep up with it is to install a Tweetdeck where the tweets pop up in a window rather than always logging in to Twitter.

Looking for librarians to follow? Check out this list.

2 comments:

Elizabeth G. said...

How very cool. Thank you for the twitter suggestion. I am still working on managing how to keep up with Twitter and all the blogs I follow. So much technology...I love it!

Barb Middleton said...

Thanks for the book trailer! The kids love them. That's so cool the author responded. I bet the students were thrilled. I can't get into the habit of using Twitter, but I will... If you want a good laugh look at this book trailer of a child with a colander on her head reading, "Pete the Cat". Have a good summer.