Monday 3 December 2007

Free Rice


Yet again, I am amazed by the connections that technology is creating. Now you can actually can actually provide free rice and be part of a solution with world hunger simply by playing a vocabulary game. I picked this up from The Fischbowl, and it's a vocabulary game where you earn 20 grains of rice per vocabulary word you get correct (all paid for by the advertising on the site). The more you play, the harder they get. I found it a bit addicting myself... Kudos to the United Nations World Food Program for finding a cool way to use education to lend a helping hand.


The banner for Free Rice can be found under the FAQ section of the website and added to your blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that was fun. It just a jif, I was able to get 1000 grains of rice. I hope that is enough for a snack anyway. I will keep trying.

Love, Momo