Sunday 25 November 2007

StumbleUpon

Friends have been telling me about StumbleUpon for some time now, so I finally decided to sign up a few weeks ago. The concept is simple and more than a bit addicting: you tick off areas of personal interest to you--anything from photography to Macs to Africa-- and the site randomly generates various websites, hence the "stumble upon" name. If you like the site, great. If you don't, you simply hit the Stumble button again and a new site is sent to you. Kind of like a modern day remote control for your computer when you just keep clicking to find something good on TV. What it is interesting is that I am now hearing people using the tech verb "stumble upon" in conversations..."I stumbled upon this great website the other day." As a matter of fact, that is how I found the previous blog entry about the Darfur is Dying game.

No comments: