Friday 11 May 2007

Chinese Librarian


Just had to share this gorgeous painting a local artist named Lu Yong Zhong made for me this week--it's a style called "peasant painting" that I absolutely love for its details and color. He has been at our school the last few weeks creating this exact painting as a mural outside our library, and so I asked him to paint me the same piece so I can take it with me around the world as a librarian. I just love it, especially the scrolls in the porcelain jars and the kids on the floor. Unfortunately, I can't seem to locate a single online source with information about the artist, but all of his work is simply stunning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this painting. What a nice jesture for him to paint one for you, so you will have it to take around the world with you. Something to commemorate you first librarian post. You will be a wonderful librarian.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Tara -

I also did an extensive search to find information about Lu Yong Zhong (did not find any - his work is beautiful and it was insightful of you to ask for an original copy of his work.

- Sharon